Naughty Irish Imp

Naughty Irish Imp

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Somewhere Out There

 
 
 

January 29, 2015


"And even though I know how very far apart we are;
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star."

Loved this song when I was a little girl (chronologically).

I've had it in my head the last several days as I am home struggling with health issues and my Daddy Dom has been away on business and then delayed by the blizzard when he was to originally come back home to me.

I am always pouty when he is geographically further from me. Even if we still have constant contact. It's odd, that, I know he is always with me even if we aren't physically together.....and when we are both home we are still not physically in one another's presence often enough for my liking.....but when one or the other of us have to travel I start to feel disconnected, pouty, adrift, alone almost instantaneously.

I am a strange creature.

Actually, I'm not. I know many other sub girls feel this sort of emotional rollercoaster when separated from their own Dom. I am simply a very attached Daddy's girl. And that's okay.

We have spoken every single day of his absence, multiple times. He has tucked me into bed every single night with his silky smooth voice lulling me off to dreamland. And yet, I miss him. I miss him so very much. I get teary-eyed even typing that. :(

Of course my mood isn't helped by the fact that my  10th wedding anniversary to my Marine was yesterday.

Or the fact that I am still practically buried in snow with more than another 2 foot on the way over the next 4 days.

I am just a mess. A huge jumbled emotional mess.

The bright spot of my night at least is knowing that at this very moment, my Daddy is boarding his flight back home to take care of his little girl. It took 3 separate changes in itinerary and close navigation of the approaching storm as the last departed but finally, he found a 4-6 hour slot of time where he could make it safely home, after more than a week away.




Somewhere out there, up in the dark night sky is a jet bringing this man back home where he belongs, to the waiting & whiny arms of his emotional little girl. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment