Naughty Irish Imp

Naughty Irish Imp

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Light At The End of The Tunnel




10/06/2013

The difficult, strenuous and quite frankly exasperating circumstances continue to invade my life, my thoughts, my peace of mind. Just when I feel I have resolved one situation, something just as irritating seems to pop up requiring my focus & attention. It's truly never-ending at times. 


Though these issues have truly only been in the forefront for a few months, it can seem some days like it has been a lifetime of struggling with this. It almost feels impossible at times to remain optimistic and focused. 


I know very few of you (my Blogger friends/family) know to what I am referring; and I apologize that the majority of you have no context as to what I am talking about but it isn't a topic I can truly divulge here. I apologize for that and perhaps when it is all concluded, I may be able to offer more details, but for now I'll simply share my vague thoughts. 


I feel weak right now. I can't believe I just typed that phrase. Weak.......it is not a word, feeling, state of being or emotion that I am very familiar with. I'm a strong girl, I've always been a strong girl. Even against seemingly insurmountable odds, I have always found my strength. But right now, I simply feel worn out, run down, overwhelmed and yes, weak. 


My sanity has remained my absolutely amazing Daddy Dom. I actually just got off of the phone with him.  :)  He truly is phenomenal and can always somehow brighten my day. Even when my world seems to be crumbling all around me, his deep, steady, silky-smooth voice can calm me like nothing else. I love that and I love Him. Throughout every single step of this chaotic mess, he has always been there for me. At the end of every day, I know he has my back. As I wake each morning, I smile knowing I am *His* little girl. His strength truly has been my own recently. I've been overwhelmed and felt like giving up or throwing in the towel, and it is my Daddy that stops me. I dangle helplessly from that cliff of helplessness and from seemingly thin air, his strong hand appears, reaching out for mine and pulling me back to Him.....back to safety....back to a measurable amount of sanity. His never-ending support and unwavering, unconditional love for me is truly the most amazing gift I have ever received. 


I am anxious for the day that "normal" is restored to my life and all of the chaos disappears; but until that day comes, I know that no matter how difficult things may be or how hopeless I may feel, I *always* have a light at the end of my tunnel.......and it is now, has been for 2 years, and will continue to be for the rest of my life.........*my* Daddy. 


When life gives me more than I can stand........I will simply kneel. 




No comments:

Post a Comment