Naughty Irish Imp

Naughty Irish Imp

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Friendship




January 21, 2015


It may have taken me 26 years but I, too, found my best friend. My Daddy.

He knows me. All of me. Not just the 'public face me'. Not just the 'happy me'. Truly, all of me. And he loves me any way.

There is not another person I trust like I trust my Daddy.

There is not a person I respect more in the world.




When I am lost, he is my guide.

When I am scared by my freedom, he is my anchor.

When I am hurt, he is by my side.

When I am stressed, he is my voice of reason.

When I cry, it is only on his shoulder.

When I vent, it is to his ear.

When I overstep my boundaries, it is his hard hand that metes out my consequences.

When I am overwhelmed & need to run away and hide, it is always to his protective embrace.




We can talk for hours or say nothing at all; and I am content.

His presence alone lulls me.

The rhythm of his heart beating, his scent, his strong arms, his intoxicatingly piercing brown eyes, his deep silky smooth voice.

Whenever I need him, he is here. Always with me. Often times before I have ever even verbalized that need. He simply knows.

My rock. My #1 fan. My moral compass. My sounding board. My disciplinarian. My confidante. My Daddy. My very best friend.


2 comments: