Naughty Irish Imp

Naughty Irish Imp

Monday, September 15, 2014

Not For Children

 

 

 

 
 

09/15/2014


Unless you live under a rock, you no doubt heard this week about the NFL controversy regarding Viking's player Adrian Petersen and his "disciplining" his son. And, as happens so often mainstream media covers a story regarding corporal punishment, the insults and assumptions regarding TTWD pour in.

Allow me to express my opinion on the matter and differentiate child abuse from consensual adult spanking....okee dokee?

First, I have young children of my own and do not often tell other parents how to raise their child(ren); that being said, using a switch on a 4 year old is just wrong. I don't personally utilize corporal punishment in my parenting, though there are days I question that decision. But for someone to be brought up on child abuse charges in a state like TEXAS.....you had to have crossed the disciplinary line. And I don't think there is a sane human alive who could look at the pictures of the injuries to this little boy and not agree that his father was WAY out of line.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying a switch is a 'no go' implement overall. Quite the contrary, I think it is a wonderfully horrid implement......for grown naughty girls with strict daddies.


And pouting and whining will not likely help you out if you're sent to select your own switch.....particularly if you have a daddy like my own.



But again, I am in my late 20's so a switch is acceptable for disciplining me. A 4 year old.....perhaps take away his Sponge Bob?

Actually, now that I am thinking about it, being sent to cut your own switch is another of my love hate triggers in this fetish. I can easily distract myself in the process and drift off in my mind as my Daddy anxiously awaits my return with the dreaded implement.


But who could blame me for a few tiny stall tactics? As I run my hand over each option my mind will linger at the last moment in time I felt one bite into my flesh. I am constantly weighing my options, testing the flexibility, wanting to select a puny twig but knowing damn well I will be sent right back for another......or worse, he will take the task upon himself. Ughh. Decisions, decisions.......what's a girl to do?

Now, back to my reason for this post. If you have an errant 4 year old......parent them, nurture them and teach them right from wrong; that is your job after all. Remember at that age (before school) you are their *only* influence......so if you see undesirable behavior in them, perhaps you should take a closer look at yourself. You are also their role-model and right vs wrong compass......should you be teaching them that hitting in anger/frustration is acceptable behavior? None of us are perfect and I am not saying parenting is easy....far from it....but it is a responsibility you CHOSE!

On the other hand, if you have an errant grown daughter who definitely knows what is right but opts for what is wrong.....then by all means, send her to select a switch and wear it out on her naughty little bottom.

As with the switch, I also must admonish the use of any of the following on an errant child under the age of consent:


Recap.........

Beating 4 year old babies with switches because you lack patience.......bad idea.

Beating full grown brats with whatever implement is closest when they intentionally test your patience.......wonderful idea. (Do *not* quote me on this, Sir)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment