Naughty Irish Imp

Naughty Irish Imp

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Newsweek Submission Article

04/24/2012


Everyone see the Newsweek cover? 'The Fantasy Life of Working Women'......entertaining read to say the least. I work with a few other spankos.......and several who know nothing at all about this relationship dynamic so the chatter and conversation at work over the article has been some what intense. I try not to debate things like religion, politics, lifestyle differences, etc at work because I tend to be aggressive and easily escalate a debate to an argument.....which gets me into trouble, so as I said, typically refrain. Not this time.....just cant. :)  The topic of conversation is ongoing so I will definitely update on this post with comments worth mentioning. :) Here are my quick thoughts on the subject:
This statement, to me, said it all. " It may be that power is not always that comfortable, even for those of us who grew up in it; it may be that equality is something we want only sometimes and in some places and in some arenas; it may be that power and all of its imperatives can be boring."  I couldn't agree more with this statement. Im a typical type A in my professional life and the word, act or even notion of submission in my career is laughable. But I dont always wants that power. I am very comfortable being aggressive and forceful in most situations.....but as the quote says, I only want that power & equality in some arenas. Honestly, certain times I feel strongest when I have absolutely no power at all.....when that power has been handed over and my submission offered to a man with whom I am NOT an equal. Submission takes strength.....to trust, to depend on, to follow even if you do not always agree. The complete exchange of power in a specific arena, with a specific man.....for me is what helps to build and temper my strengths & assets in every other aspect of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment